|Whole||1-3 Days||3-5 Days||12 Months|
Shelf Life of Peaches:
Peaches were cultivated for the first time in a region of northwest China. Peaches contain many nutrients. Peaches are full of vitamin C, and they are also essential for glowing skin. The shelf life of peaches depends on their storage. Furthermore, the shelf life of sliced peaches and whole peaches also varies between one another. The shelf life of peaches is about 3-4 days in the pantry. They stay fresh in refrigerators for about 4-5 days, and in freezers, you can store them for about 6-9 months.
You should keep the following tricks in mind if you want to buy flavorful and fresh peaches:
- Avoid the peaches that have wrinkles on their skin.
- Always smell peaches, as the fresh peaches have a specific aroma.
- You shouldn’t buy any peach that has an apparent sign of decay, as they are not suitable for your health.
- Visual examination of peaches is also essential. Don’t buy peaches that have wrinkles on their skin.
- Always look for a creamy gold color in peaches.
- The peaches that have softness and discoloration are not fresh, so make sure you don’t buy them.
- Don’t buy peaches that are not firm to the touch.
- Before buying peaches, hold them in your hand and gently press their skin. Avoid all peaches that have leakage.
There are different ways to store peaches. It’s not compulsory to keep peaches in plastic bags before keeping them in the fridge. You can put them in the fruit and vegetable drawer after washing them. If you want to freeze peaches, then you have to put them in a plastic bag. Moreover, you have to place sliced peaches in airtight containers. This way, your peaches will stay fresh, and they will taste the same for a long time.
Always use peaches after washing them with water. It will remove all the dirt particles from their skin. Also, it is essential for health. If you want to defrost your peaches, place them in a bowl full of lukewarm water. Another way is to add some lemon juice to the bowl of water. The lemon juice will speed up the process of defrosting. You can also defrost them overnight by placing them in a bowl of water. Then, put the bowl in refrigerator
Cooking with Peaches:
Instead of eating peaches as they are, you can also cook them. This increases the taste, and the variety is noticeable on the table. You can boil them, bake them, or use any other method that suits you. You can prepare any dish with peaches according to the need of your meal. Peaches are used in salads, starters, desserts, and so on. The most common recipes for peaches include peach pie, peach wrinkle, peach ice-cream, peach creams, peach dumplings, and so on.